While fighting my own addiction, I've had opportunities to meet many wonderful men and women who are dealing with similar issues. Men and women who were and are still at the same depths of hopelessness that I once was. I decided it was time to share my experience, strength, and hope to help inject the positive influence of martial arts into my story and hopefully inspire them to make it part of theirs.
Our mission is to bring the strength and self confidence of training in martial arts and combat sports to the world of recovery. Through education, discussion, and physical training to create a program that anyone, no matter sex, creed, religion, orientation or physical condition can incorporate in their recovery and/or the recovery of loved ones.
We hope by creating a discussion a dialogue about martial arts in recovery, we can encourage people to come forward with their stories and ideas on a balanced approach of recovery. By developing partners and contributors we can eventually begin to take our message and training to the addict that still suffers.
We in no way want to become an alternative to traditional and proven recovery methods but hope to become an enhancement to those methods. We believe in the 12 step program and strive to live by the principles learned through the working the steps.
What We aim to Achieve
These our our organizational goals in pursuit of our mission
- To publish a weekly blog detailing "experience, strength, and hope."
- To create a website where others can share their experience.
- To create a community via website and social media for all to connect about recovery.
- To air a weekly podcast interviewing other addicts who found martial arts key in their recovery
- To develop a team of partners to carry the message of martial arts and recovery to rehabs, sober living facilities, hospitals and institutions.
- To open a physical location where people can learn and train in an atmosphere of recovery.